1.02.2011

Cheesy Buffalo Wing Dip

I promised this recipe would come soon so here it is!  Have you guys ever been to Papago Brewery in Phoenix?  Rob and I first became obsessed with the Buffalo Wing Dip from there, and after too many visits to the Brewery, I decided it was time to try to make this dip myself and save a few bucks. 

I made this for our Christmas Eve get-to, where we have ton's of appetizer's and play games (the dice game in particular, which is too much fun!).

I LOVE making this recipe for parties.  It's so simple and tasty!  I wish I could say it was low-cal, but I'd be tellin' a lie.

Here's what you need:
Pour your cream into a sauce pot:

Warm it up, and throw your cream cheese in the pot.

Whisk it around...

And throw your cheese in there!

Look at all this cheese!  Whisk it around...

Until it's nice 'n creamy/cheesy:

You want it to look something like this when you raise your whisk:

And once that's warmed up and saucy, add your wing sauce...

(We like Red Devil the best)

Whisk it around again until well blended.

Throw it in a small Crock-Pot, and top with Gorgonzola Crumbles.

I mean, look at this!

Take a bite with a chip (or celery, which is AWESOME!).

Here's the deal.  When I make my famous pico (as I learned from the one and only, my friend Jose - recipe to come soon), or this dip, I have to get these Xochitl Tortilla Chips from Cost Plus World Market.  They are thin and delightful and everything you would want or need in a tortilla chip! Take a look at them here.

You could even make a little nacho platter with this dip and top with chorizo..


This recipe is also great with a little shredded chicken mixed in.   

Here's the recipe, enjoy!

Cheesy Buffalo Wing Dip
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: Approx. 3 cups

Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 brick cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 to 1 cup wing sauce (do this to taste, I like it more spicy than most do)
Gorgonzola Crumbles
Optional: Shredded Chicken

Directions:
Turn your Crock Pot on low.  Pour the cream into a sauce pan on medium heat.  Once warmed, add the cream cheese.  Melt the cream cheese until well-blended, and add mozzarella cheese.  Melt the mozzarella and add wing sauce.  Optional: Add shredded chicken and mix well.  Pour into a small Crock Pot on low and top with blue cheese crumbles.  Serve with tortilla chips and celery.