A coworker inspired me with her concoction and let me just say - this drink is legit. That's it.
Start with a vanilla mint simple syrup.
Then juice your watermelon...
...lime and orange.
Combine cooled simple syrup with the juice mixture.
In a cocktail shaker, add ice, one cup of the melon syrup mix to two shots of tequila or vodka.
Shake what yo momma gave ya!
Here's the recipe, enjoy!
Watermelon Vanilla Bean Mojito Martini [Margarita]
Prep: 10 Minutes
Makes: 6-8 drinks
Make your simple syrup:
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
1 Vanilla Bean, Split
1 Sprig Mint, torn into pieces
1. Combine sugar and water into a saucepan on medium-low heat for one minute.
2. Add vanilla bean and mint and cook down until sugar is completely combined.
3. Allow to cool for 15 minutes [place it in the fridge to speed up the cool time].
Make your cocktail:
1 Small Seedless Watermelon, Cubed
1 Orange, Squeezed
1 Lime, Squeezed
9 oz White Tequila or Vodka
1. Juice cubed watermelon and strain well to remove pulp.
2. Juice orange and lime.
3. Combine juices to simple syrup mixture.
4. Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
5. Add 1 cup of juice mixture and two shots (3 oz) vodka or tequila to cocktail shaker and shake well (approx 15 seconds).
6. Pour into Martini or Margarita glass and garnish with a mint leaf.
Tip: Chill your glasses ahead of time! Just add ice to your cocktail glass and pour water over the top. Allow to sit while you make your tasty beverage. Pour out ice water just before you pour your tasty adult beverage into your glass.