Cream together buttah and cream cheese.
Then cream together with the sugar.
Add eggs, one-by-one [cracking in a separate bowl first to ensure no egg shells!]...
Add vanilla [madagascar bourbon vanilla bean, of course]...
Then sift the dry ingredients...
And add 'em to the mixture.
Throw it in a bundt pan and cook for ONE HOUR AND FORTY MINUTES!
I whipped up some fresh whipped cream and topped it with berries.
Delish! Here is the recipe, enjoy!
This post has been linked up with Frugally Sustainable, check it out!
The Best Pound Cake Ever
Recipe from Elizabeth's Edible Experience
Yield: One 10-in bundt pan
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 300 Degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes
Cool: 10-15 in pan, 15-30 on wire rack
1 1/2 cups butter
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
3 cups sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
3 cups flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and cream cheese (don't over-beat).
3. Mix in sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one-by-one [cracking in a separate bowl first to ensure no egg shells!]
5. Add vanilla [madagascar bourbon vanilla bean, of course]
6. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture.
7. Pour mixture into 10-in bundt pan and cook for one hour and forty minutes [until toothpick is clean when inserted into cake].
8. Place in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes, and then allow to cool the remainder of the way for approximately 15-30 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy with fresh whipped cream and berries!